Certified Financial Planner, as the name suggests, is a professional certification provided by Financial Planning Standards Board of India to those who are deemed to be fit to provide financial planning services to individuals and or organizations.
CFP works with the individual and/or organizations to meet the short term and long term financial goals. Certified Financial Planner India has a good command of investments and security planning, estate planning, tax planning, employee benefits planning & insurance planning.
Why is a Certified Financial Planner so important?
Certified Financial Planners are like skippers on a ship. When planning a trip from point A to B point the skipper considered all the variable risk of the journey. They continually recheck the position make correction all the way to ensure the ship stays on course.
Certified Financial Planner will help you to fill the gap between where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow or in near future and help you assess and manage the risk along the way.
He has thorough knowledge in the following areas:
- Investment & Security planning
- Employee benefit planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Financial Planning
- Long term investment plan
- Tax planning
Hence, to avail any or all of the above services, you can get in touch with CFP for financial planning services.
CFP covers your financial status 360 degrees, understand your goals, sense your current financial scenario and help you achieving our long and short term goals – be it your retirement, your wards marriage or education of your children.
Why should we hire a Certified Financial Planner?
Certified Financial Planner has a broader, deeper knowledge of money management. This is especially true when it comes to complicated money matters like investment & taxes.
If you need help with investing and other financial planning, Certified Financial Planner is your one stop solution.
Another advantage of the Certified Financial Planner is that he /she can save your time. While you will not meet periodically to talk about your goals and where your investment stands, your planner will be responsible for things like periodically rebalancing your investments.
If you are busy, then you can have your detailed plan online as well. You can avail financial planning services online by providing the required information – your goals, your investments, property details and income.
How does Certified Financial Planner add value to your Financial Portfolio?
Certified Financial Planner adds value to your portfolio:
- By diversifying across asset classes such as stocks, governments bonds.
- Choosing appropriate low expense investments.
- Rebalancing your portfolio when needed.
- Minimizing the tax impact of investing by locating investments by tax
- Characteristics of accounts.
- Creating the long term asset allocation strategy and sticking to it.
Traits of Successful Certified Financial Planner:
- They take a proactive approach: Good Certified Financial Planner keeps the line of communication open, updating you on current financial issues and opportunities. A Financial Planner withholds the information or does not take time to clearly explain his recommendation is not worth your time.
- They invoke confidence and trust: You need Financial Planner you can trust to have confidence in their recommendations. If you will feel nervous, fearful or stressed out after discussion with your advisor, trust your instincts end up a relationship.
- They take a holistic view of your finances: Sound financial advice is based on more than just your income level or type of asset classes you invest in. A good Financial Planner will take time to learn about the full financial situation, investing your banking, insurance and credit needs.
- They work with you: A good Financial Planner will meet you regularly throughout the year. And that level of attention should continue every year of your relationship. Too many times people meet with an advisor, develop a plan and then after that simply get the statement.
- They put your interest first: Professional Planner tailors your plan to meet your goals. They don’t push product on you simply to get the commission.
In addition to Certified Financial Planner, there are other similar certifications awarded by prestigious institutions.
Being similar, individuals are often confused whom to go for money related advice.
Certified Public Accountant
A CPA is an expert in accounting, auditing and taxation. So if you want any expert advice related to these topics, CPA is a best person you should go for.
Financial Risk Manager
Financial Risk Management deals with quantifying & managing the risks associated with a firm, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk, enterprise risk, investment risk, etc. Risk management is very important in all the sectors owing to the necessity of taking calculated risks in any business.
Chartered Financial Analyst
Chartered Financial Analyst are the experts in financial analysis and investing. However, if you want to have your financial plan ready, including the investments to make sure that your goals are funded accordingly, you should consult a certified financial planner.
CPA, FRM, CFA and CFP are no doubts, the expert in their respective fields. However, when it comes to personalized financial planning and wealth management, Certified Financial Planners can provide one-stop solution. He will help you in rebalancing your investment, analyzing your current financial status & find out the potential problem that may occur in near future.